Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Churches


Churches

Birtle's Pipe Organ

The pipe organ in the Birtle Presbyterian Church was the first in rural Manitoba. It was in use from 1887 to 1953. Two of the tin pipes survive in the Birdtail Country Museum, and a cross made of wood taken from the pipe organ hangs on the wall of the United Church’s Fellowship Hall.

Birtle's Pipe Organ (pdf 2.1 MB)

Birtle and Area Churches

To see a larger image, click on the photo.

St. George's Anglican Church (right),
Blue School (left)


 


St. George's Anglican Church, Birtle


New St. George's Anglican Church, Birtle



 
Road to St. James Anglican Church near Solsgirth, 1940


Birtle United Church and Manse

 

Birtle United Church interior 1926

Birtle Methodist Church and Parsonage